Internet Explorer series
5. How to manage bookmarks in Internet Explorer
When you add a page to your favorites, the web address is stored in a file on your computer for future access.
1) To manage your favorites, open the menu.
These are the default bookmarks Internet Explorer creates automatically. You can sort your bookmarks into folders.
2) Click a folder to view the links stored in it.
3) Click this icon to pin the Favorites Center to the browser window.
This will prevent your favorites from closing while you’re trying to add or organize them.
Links stored under the folder called Favorites Bar will show up in a toolbar. Let’s see how to show the toolbar.
4) Right click in the title bar.
5) Click Favorites Bar.
Here is the favorites bar.
6) To add this page to your favorites, click here.
7) Choose to add this link to your favorites or favorites bar.
8) Let’s create a new folder for this page.
9) Type a name for the folder and click Create.
10) Click Add.
11) Click the new folder to view the page we bookmarked.
Now let’s see how to organize our favorites.
12) Click this arrow to expand the menu.
13) Click Organize Favorites.
14) Click and drag any folder or page to re-organize.
15) Click Close when done.
Here is the folder we just moved to the favorites bar.
That’s it! Now you know how to manage your bookmarks in Internet Explorer.